Seasonal Earth Teachings
Happy Spring! Spring Equinox on March 21-22 (also known as Ostara)
As February awakened us. March gives us the opportunity of “awareness”. This is the time to Renew, Restore and Grow. Not only in our personal lives but in our professional life as well. The change of seasons gives us so many opportunities that we are not even aware of. Our ancestors knew how to work with each of the seasons and utilize the energy of that season to help them bring forth their needs. Winter is when we think about the harvest from last year and see what we need to adjust (we start the idea of planting a seed) Spring we plant the seed, Summer we nurture and nourish the seed, Fall we begin the harvest and reap what we have labored over and have grown. This is true even today in our hectic lives and this world of technology we lose our sense of “intuition” and how nature does provide for us, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
How To Work with Spring Energy
Spring marks as a time of growth, renewal and rebirth. Take some time to celebrate the new life that surrounds you in nature — walk in park, lie in the grass, hike through a forest. As you do so, observe all the new things beginning around you — plants, flowers, insects, birds. Meditate upon the ever-moving Seasonal Earth Teachings and celebrate the change of seasons.
As we step into the active phase of the year, remember to balance rational logical mind with instinct and intuition. We have laid such importance on our logical minds, that we have become used to ignoring our intuition. Learn to listen, to trust, and to act on your inner wisdom and bring your whole self back into balance.
- Go in nature and connect to the newly awakened nature spirits. Feel the pulse of nature
- Create a shrine or altar which reflects your spiritual and sacred connection. It may be in a room or in a garden. Bring together things which will help you focus on balance, awakening and new life.
- Give your home a good “cleanse” spring cleaning and then go to the Spa and have some treatments!
- Plant an herb garden
Planting The Seeds on Spring Equinox:
- This is the time to start to seed meditation for renewal and self-healing
- Use this time to look at yourself and look at where you are going now
- Trust your intuition
- Initiate your hopes and desires and goals
- Honor the Earth and the fertility of all life.
- Honor the balance of the Sun, Moon, Male/Female and the seasons
- Merging of the Unconscious with the Conscious
- Trust that all you need is given for growing for your wellbeing.
- Fertilize your business from Imbolc where you planted the seeds
- Take note on what is sprouting in your business and what is not sprouting
- Growth needs to happen – being aware of your direction will greatly enhance the outcome
- Expand on what is growing by adding complementary accessories that will help your business to grow
- Go out into your community and network
- Tap into the Spring season energy to transform and balance your direction in your business
Preparation for Spring:
- Since Spring represents “balance, growth, renewal”; take time for yourself!
- Imagine you are a seed “Full of Life”
- Clear and Clean your space – Clear out the old to bring in the new (this can be physically and emotionally)
- Make time for meditation
- Create a garden or meditation room
- Positive affirmations are positive repetitive statements said in the present tense
- Honor the balance within the Universe and within yourself
Dolores provides “Nature Based Programs” to Educate, Empower and Engage other individuals in the healing power of Nature.